History about the Aberdeen Mennonite Church

 

Aberdeen Mennonite Church began services and formally organized in 1907 as a branch of the Rosenorter Mennonite Church group in Saskatchewan.  A dedication service for the church's first building was held on 12 June 1910. Cornelius C. Ens is considered the founding leader of the group.  The congregation originated through colonization from rural Manitoba.  During the first decade or so the congregation was served by various non-resident ministers of the Rosenorter Gemeinde. Jacob Nickel immigrated to Aberdeen in 1924 and remained their leader until 1937.  During this time he also taught in the Bible School in Rosthern.  The meeting house was moved onto the basement at the same site in 1939.  The building was renovated in 1950 and again in 1964 and 1989.  In 1962 the Rosenorter Gemeinde was dissolved and each congregation became independent.  The language of worship is English; the transition from German occured in the 1960s.

 

Aberdeen Mennonite Church Ministers

 

Cornelius Ens      1907-1915                 Jacob Nickel        1924-1937

Peter Koop         1932-1946

Heinrich Neudorf  1932-1947

Bernhard Fast     1947-1955

Franz Koop         1951-1973

John Peters         1973-1976

John Kroeger       1977-1982

John Peters         1983

Verner Friesen     1984-1991

Rod Suderman     1992-1999

David Neufeld      2000-2004

Henry and Erna Funk  2004-2006

Vern Ratzlaff       2006-present

 

© 2023 by COMMUNITY CHURCH. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Twitter Classic
  • c-facebook